Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules.

2 Timoty 2:3-5 (NIV)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

See You at the Pole



September 24th is rapidly approaching. That's the date for this year's See You at the Pole event. This is an opportunity to gather with your peers at school and pray for your needs, teachers, administrators, athletics, rain, for God to lift up warriors in your school, pray for whatever. SYATP has become a worldwide phenomenon. It dates back to my days at Forest Hills High School. I can vividly remember as a sophomore gathering around the pole to pray with my friends Kevin and Daniel. I was PETRIFIED!! We were the only ones there and it felt like everybody was staring at us. However, it was a GREAT experience. By my senior year, SYATP was so big it had to be moved to the football stadium!

I hope you will make plans to participate in your school's SYATP. I imagine that an organization such as C2J, FCA or other Christian group in your school already has a time and place decided. If not, you can take the lead and put it together yourself. It can be as simple as just praying that morning or as profound as having a guitarist lead in worship. Let me know if I can help in any way with your efforts for SYATP.

In Him,
Drew

No comments: