Join with me in suffering, like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets entangled in civilian affairs, but rather tries to please his commanding officer. Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor’s crown except by competing according to the rules.

2 Timoty 2:3-5 (NIV)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cards and CM for Laps of Love




Remember how much fun we had a couple of weeks ago making cards for Allen for Pastor Appreciation Month?? We will get the chance to create some cards again for LAPS OF LOVE! Brenda told me that they will be delivering 100 lapghans to the Avante home on December 7, so wouldn't it be AWESOME to make 100 Christmas cards to be delivered with the lapghans?

We will meet next Friday, November 21, from 6-7:30 in the fellowship hall to create some awesome cards! Now, 100 cards IS a lot, so be sure to invite your friends and even your MOM! Yes, this is a great mother-child event! (Dads, you are invited, too... ;) )

We will also be going TO the Avante home on Sunday, December 7, at 2:00. Stevie will be performing her interpretation on "Breath of Heaven", which I've not yet seen but heard is BEAUTIFUL! I will need several of you to do a dramatic reading of the Christmas story (from the Bible...not Little Ralphie). AND.....I am TRYING to put together a creative movement to the Casting Crowns song "The Word is Alive" to do on that day as well. This will likely be our creative movement for the talent showcase in January, too! So you guys who were asking me when we could do another creative movement... I delivered. ;)

Lots of love to all of you! I hope you are having a GREAT week, and I'll see you tonight! :)

No comments: